We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Edinburgh technical team and help us develop and maintain our various software modules for our dialogue system platform.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing effective, scalable code
- Writing clean documentation
- Developing back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Testing and debugging programs
- Implementing authentication and security solutions for the developed software
We are ideally looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or another technical degree or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one of the following languages: Python, C++, or C including object-oriented design
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization, object-oriented development and design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Team spirit
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experienced in Git
The ideal candidate would have these additional skills:
- 5+ industry experience as a Python and/or C or C++ developer
- Experienced in working with databases (MongoDB or PostgreSQL)
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience with major cloud platforms such as AWC, GCP, or Azure
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, JS, & other front end technologies
- Experience in external data services (e.g. RESTful services), including programmatically interacting with different data formats
Although not required, candidates with the following knowledge/skills will be highly considered:
- Experience in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker