We are looking for a Python Developer to join our Edinburgh technical team and help us develop and maintain our various software modules for our dialogue system platform.
We are ideally looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of programming experience with Python
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of algorithms, data structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimisation, object-oriented development and design patterns, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong experience in low latency, high throughput systems
- Experience in working in a micro-services architecture
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experienced in Git
The ideal candidate would have these additional skills:
- Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or another technical degree or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
- 5+ industry experience as a Python developer
- Experienced in working with databases (MongoDB or PostgreSQL)
- Experience with major cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience in asynchronous/reactive programming
Although not required, candidates with the following knowledge/skills will be highly considered:
- Experience in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
- Experience in Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience in programming in any of the following languages: Java, C++