Privacy and Cookies Policy
Alana AI Ltd “Alana”, “Alana Technologies”, “We”, “Us”; is a company that creates and applies artificial intelligence (AI) technologies to transform the way humans and machines interact. At Alana, we seek to improve lives by applying technology designed to generate better communication, data decision making and in doing so improving millions of lives.
This Privacy Statement provides guidance and information to Alana AI Limited LTD (“Alana”, “us”, “we” or “our”) customers and visitors to the Alana website located at https://AlanaAI.com/ or https://HelloAlana.com/ (the “Website”) regarding the processing of personal data and information by Alana and/or its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Alana Group”).
Alana is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement together with the Cookies Statement sets out the basis on which any personal data and information we collect from you or that you provide to us (“Data”) will be processed by us. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand our treatment and use of Data.
In this Privacy Statement, references to “you” and “your” means the person whose Data we collect, use and process.
We will use your Data only for the purposes and in the manner set forth below, which describes the steps we take to ensure the processing of your Data is in compliance with the Data Protection Acts 2018 and any subsequent data protection and privacy legislation (the “Acts”), European Union Law including the General Data Protection Regulation (the “Regulation”) and any subsequent amendments (together the “Data Protection Legislation”).
If you do not agree with or are not comfortable with any aspect of this Privacy Statement, do not access the Website.
We seek to maintain the privacy, accuracy, and confidentiality of personal information (including your Data) that we collect and use concerning our customers.
Identity of the controller of Data
For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, the Data Controller is Alana, a private company limited by shares and registered in United Kingdom (Registered Number 12075488) and having its registered office address at Alana AI Ltd, The Stanley Building, 7 Pancras Square King’s Cross, London N1C 4AG
Contact details of the data protection officer
The data protection officer appointed in respect of your entity (if applicable) can be provided – please see “Contact Us” for further contact information.
This Privacy Statement applies to Data that we collect, use and otherwise process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a customer or potential customer.
What Data is collected and processed?
We collect several different types of information to provide services to you, including:
- Customer Account and Registration Data: This includes information you provide to create an account with us or to register for events, webinars, surveys, etc. and may include, first and last name, billing information, a password and a valid email address.
- Service Data (including session and usage data): When you use our Website, we receive information generated through your use of the Website, either entered by you or others who use the Website. We may also collect usage and log data about how the Website is accessed and used, including information about the device being used, IP addresses, location information, language settings, what operating system is being used, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Third Party Data: We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. We may also receive information from other affiliated companies that are a part of our corporate group. This helps us to update, expand and analyse our records, identify new prospects for marketing, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Device Information: When you use our Website, we automatically collect information on the type of device being used, operating system version, and the device identifier.
Alana does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at hello@AlanaAI.com.
What do we use your personal information for?
The main purposes for which we use your Data are:
- Create and administer your account;
- Send you an order confirmation;
- Respond to customer inquiries and support requests;
- Provide you with relevant marketing communications;
- Send you product updates, marketing communications, and service information;
- Facilitate and improve the usage of the services you have ordered;
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products;
- Conduct research and analysis;
- Analyze data, including through automated systems and machine learning to improve our services and/or your experience;
- Provide you information about your use of the services and benchmarks, insights and suggestions for improvements;
- Support other administrative purposes; and
- Comply with all legal and regulatory requirements.
The legal basis for this use and other processing shall include (as relevant):
- If you have provided us with your consent to the processing of your Data;
- To enable us to perform our obligations under any contract with you;
- Processing for legitimate interests provided these are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms, in particular this is relevant when we use and process your Data in order to respond to your enquiries and to address our good governance obligations; and
- Processing which is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations laid down by applicable national laws.
The provision of Data is a contractual requirement and may also be a statutory requirement, and is necessary to process your application or for the performance of a contract. If your Data cannot be processed this may have an impact on fulfilling our rights and obligations.
In addition, in the event of a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets to a third party, we may also disclose your Data to the third parties concerned or their professional advisors. In the event of such a transaction, the Data held by Alana may be among the assets transferred to the buyer, and you consent to such a transfer.
Recipients or categories of recipients of Data
Your Data may be shared within the Alana Group, for any of the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. We may disclose your Data to third parties, including the following:
- Third party service providers;
- Regulatory authorities;
- Revenue who, under the Standard for Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information in Tax Matters (Common Reporting Standard) may share information with the tax authorities of other countries;
- Relevant industry bodies;
- Professional advisers; and
- Others, where it is permitted by law, or where we have your consent.
International transfers: Due to the global nature of the Alana Group, we shall have the right to transfer your Data to Alana Group entities located in other countries, including outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). These other countries may either have different data protection laws than your country of residence or they may not have data protection laws. Steps will however be taken to put in place safeguards (including around security) to protect your Data to the extent necessary under applicable law. For example, in respect of Europe, this includes use of European Model Clause contracts. You can find out what these are online at the following address: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international- transfers/transfer/index_en.htm. If you have any questions or wish to be provided with a copy please see “Contact Us” for further contact information. Please note commercially sensitive information may be removed/blanked out from copies supplied to you.
Your Data may be transferred, stored and processed in one or more countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the United States. For transfers of your Data to third parties outside of the EEA, we take additional steps in line with data protection laws. These include EU Commission approved forms of contract with the relevant recipients of your information, whether members of the Alana Group or otherwise.
For transfers of your personal data to third parties outside of the EEA, we take additional steps in line with data protection laws. These include EU Commission approved forms of contract with the relevant recipients of your information, whether members of the Alana Group or otherwise.
In addition, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your Data is adequately protected in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
Period for which Data will be stored, or if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period
Your Data shall be retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the specific purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement and the Cookies Statement and to allow us to comply with our legal requirements, including, without limitation, any tax and commercial obligations. The criteria we use to determine retention periods for Data includes the following:
- Retention in case of queries; we will retain it for a reasonable period after the relationship between us has ceased;
- Retention in case of claims; we will retain it for the period in which claims may be enforced (this means we will retain it for ten (10) years in some countries); and
- Retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements; we will consider whether we need to retain it after the period described in the previous clause because of a legal or regulatory requirement.
You may have various rights under data privacy laws in your country (where applicable). These may include (as relevant):
the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data. However, we may continue to process your Data if there is an alternative legal basis for the processing;
the right to request access to or a copy of the Data we hold about you;
the right to rectification including to require us to correct inaccurate Data;
the right to request restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing of your Data if:
processing is based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest or exercise of official authority;
processed for direct marketing; or
processed for the purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics;
the right to prevent further processing in specific circumstances and where there is no other lawful ground for continuing to process that information. These include for example:
(i) where the Data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed;
(ii) where you withdraw consent; or
(iii) where you object to us processing your information;
the right to request the erasure of your Data where it is no longer necessary for us to retain it;
the right to block or suppress processing of your Data. While we are entitled to store your Data, we cannot further process it if you request it to be blocked;
the right to data portability including to obtain Data in a commonly used machine readable format in certain circumstances such as where our processing of it is based on a consent; and
the right to object to automated decision making including profiling (if any) that has a legal or significant effect on you as an individual;
the right to withdraw your consent to any processing for which you have previously given that consent;
the right to be informed of the identity of the privacy local representative (if we are required by law to have a local representative); and
the right to any details of any persons to whom Alana discloses your Data (unless Alana is prohibited from providing such information pursuant to applicable law).
Please see “Contact Us” if you wish to exercise any of these rights (as relevant).
Your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you may have the right under data privacy laws in your country (where applicable) to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection supervisory authority in your country (i.e. the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner in Ireland) if you consider that we have infringed applicable data privacy laws when processing your Data. This means the country where you are habitually resident, where you work or where the alleged infringement took place.
We endeavor to use appropriate technical and physical security measures to protect your Data which is transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by us, from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access. These measures include (a) the encryption of your Data, (b) the integrity and availability of production systems, (c) regular reassessments of internal measures to ensure the security of data processing, and (d) the insurance that any person acting under the authority of the controller or the processor who has access to your Data does so only with instructions from the controller. Our service providers are also selected carefully and required to use appropriate protective measures.
As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Data is at your own risk. Once we receive your Data, we will use reasonably appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorized access. We may revise implement additional or alternative security features as new technologies become available.
In the event that there is an interception or unauthorized access to your Data, we shall not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your Data.
Updating the privacy statement
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time in our sole discretion. If we make any material changes we will provide notice on the Website, and we may notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account), prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. If you continue to use the Website after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised Privacy Statement.
For further information or if you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us via postal mail at: Alana AI LTD, The Stanley Building 7 Pancras Square King’s Cross, London N1C 4AG